- About Officewise
- Our Heritage
Officewise has deep roots in the West Texas area going back as far as 1908. Over the years, many things have changed but one thing remains the same: our service to our clients and our communities. We take great pride in our offerings and our services.
The Officewise® heritage was set in motion more than 100 years ago. From the days of the hand-powered printing press to innovative web-based, full-service office solutions, Officewise® and the deep-rooted West Texas businesses that have joined its ranks over the years have proven they are here to stay.
The Officewise® legacy began in 1908 with the establishment of Russel Stationary in Amarillo, followed by Elliott Office Supply in 1935. In 1978, Officewise® owners Ron Watts and Ron Edmondson bought Elliot Office Supply. They bought Russell Stationary in 1983 and renamed the joint enterprise Elliott/Russel in 1984. In 1988, Elliott/Russell expanded operations to Lubbock and acquired McGlaun Office Supply (established 1960), followed by Hester's Office Center (established 1928) in 1996.
The company continued operations and expansion under the new joint name Hester's/McGlaun, and expanded through the early 2000's into Midland/Odessa. In 2010, the minority-owned Navajo Office Products joined the growing family of companies to ensure that the company could continue to offer its products and services to both existing and new clients that require HUB certification.
In 2011, the company determined that they needed to develop a new name to accurately represent their extensive heritage and carry them long into the future. So, after a century of building their legacy, the Officewise® brand was born.
In 2015, Officewise® had the opportunity to solidify its Lubbock roots and expand its offerings and heritage even further by bringing Baker Office Products (established 1931) into the Officewise® family. With the addition of Baker, Officewise® moved its Lubbock operations to the "Baker Company Building" in 2015 (occupied by Baker since 1955).
Heritage of Officewise®
- 1908: Russell Stationery is established in Amarillo, TX
- 1935: Elliott Office Supply is established in Amarillo, TX
- 1928: Hester’s Office Center is established in Lubbock, TX
- 1931: Baker Office Products is established in Lubbock, TX
- 1960: Frank McGlaun Office Supply is established in Lubbock, TX
- 1970: The Paperclip is established in Lubbock, TX
- 1984: Elliott/Russell is born
- 1991: Elliott/Russell acquires Office Express
- 1996: Elliott/Russell becomes Hester's/McGlaun
- 2010: Hester's/McGlaun acquires Navajo Office Products
- 2011: Hester's/McGlaun becomes Officewise® Furniture and Supply
- 2015: Officewise® acquires Baker Office Products
Contact Your Local Team Today
Officewise offers a comprehensive selection of workspace furniture and services. We look forward to serving you!